LaSalle Network is looking to hire a Director of Marketing and Strategy for one of their top clients in the CPG space here in the Chicagoland area. This person will oversee, direct, and execute the company’s omnichannel strategy including media strategy and planning, shopper marketing execution, and eCommerce strategy.
The Director of Marketing and Strategy will be responsible for expanding, maximizing, and optimizing third-party online sales for a portfolio of consumer brands via leading omni-channel and digital retailers/ digital ordering apps and large grocery chains. This person will collaborate closely with brand business owners and sales teams to develop and implement commercial plans that bring in-store and online experience together seamlessly for consumers.
Director of Marketing and Strategy Responsibilities:
- Work closely with brand leaders, agency partners, and other key internal stakeholders to craft and execute the company’s high-level omni-channel strategy and annual plans
- Develop and lead a disciplined, data-driven, and goal-focused planning approach based on the consumer journey
- Drive brand sales and market share across online and offline platforms by leveraging quantitative results that ladder to brand and corporate financial KPIs; identify the right tools for online and offline performance tracking and optimization
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agency partners to inform, influence, and optimize media planning strategy and buying efforts across paid, owned, and earned channels
- Establish and lead a team to execute high-level and brand-specific strategies and plans for leveraging brand content and social media channels to increase awareness, consideration, and engagement
- Oversee the development and activation of a comprehensive content strategy designed to improve SEO results and rankings
- Evolve Shopper Marketing to deliver the needs of the consumer journey, adopting a true omni-channel mindset
- Build best in class eCommerce capabilities across the organization
Director of Marketing and Strategy Requirements:
- Recent senior-level experience leading online businesses or online retail channels to drive and grow online and offline business
- Direct experience managing and growing an Amazon storefront across their models; first-hand understanding of listing, pricing, inventory management, customer service and fulfillment/shipping (both direct and marketplace) on the Amazon platform is required
- Quantitative, metric driven, and insight-based approach to crafting and re-directing eCommerce strategy with an agile, rigorous, and structured approach
- Synthesize disparate data streams to inform and improve decision making to enhance the storefront experience and ultimately accelerate profitable revenue growth
- Experience using and interpreting analytics products such as Google Analytics, social platform analytics, retailer platform analytics, sprinklr, smartcommerce, Skai, Nielsen, numerator, bazaarvoice, etc.
- Experience owning and deploying digital marketing plans; must be well-versed in SEO/SEM, Email, Display, Affiliate Marketing, and Social Media strategies as well as willing and able to lead digital marketing plans both strategically and tactically
- Experience working in CPG (such as food, snacks, beverages, nutrition, etc.) or a related industry that have demonstrated best-in-class online selling and business results is a must
- Drive collaboration across agency partners in development of connected omni-channel commercial plans
Associate Unit Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: omni-channel , amazon , ecommerce , CPG , strategy
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.