Our firm has exclusively partnered with a growing 'start-up' that is publicly traded and is looking to hire a Head of External Reporting. This individual will report into the Global Controller and will be responsible for the company's external reporting. Including quarterly reports, annual reports, miscellaneous filings and for leading a team. This individual will also have oversight of several complex accounting areas.
Located in the Chicagoland area, Our client is a leader in their space that has grown organically and through acquisitions. They are considered to be a 'disrupter' in their industry and are looking for someone who ideally has public accounting and SEC reporting experience, along with someone that wants to make an impact and have a seat at the table.
Head of External Reporting Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who can thrive on deadlines, drive innovation, and someone that has a 'roll up your sleeve' mentality!
- Lead the coordination and preparation of all external public company filings for both U.S. GAAP and IFRS including quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes, MD&A, proxy statements and earnings releases
- Recognize, research and resolve SEC, GAAP and IFRS reporting issues and analyze current accounting pronouncements and developments on reporting rules and regulations
- Support the calculation of stock-based compensation and earnings per share
- Assist in preparing senior management and audit committee communications
- Prepare and/or review memorandums on complex accounting and reporting topics
- Build and/or improve reporting processes, supporting schedules and documentation as detailed reviewer and/or preparer as necessary
- Lead projects and find solutions to complex reporting topics • Lead stand-alone subsidiary audits
- Manage the equity compensation accounting process
- Lead software implementation and improvements in the areas of external reporting and equity compensation and management
- Coordinate and serve as liaison with external auditors
- Participate in cross functional projects related to financial reporting and disclosure matters
- Drive continuous improvement in the financial reporting process
Head of External Reporting Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 12+ years of progressive accounting experience (public accounting and SEC reporting experience preferred)
- CPA required
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP (knowledge of IFRS preferred)
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, summarize and communicate complex accounting topics
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations
- Knowledge of XBRL tagging preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to thrive within a post-start up, fast-paced, global public company environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change; able to act as a change agent
If you are interested in this Head of External Reporting opportunity and qualify per the requirements, please apply!
Project Manager, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: Controller , Accounting , finance , private equity , CPA , MBA , Management , public accounting , month end close, financial statements , chief accounting officer , services, 10K, 10Q, Footnotes
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.