LaSalle Network is working with a non-profit company in the downtown Chicago area who is in need of a Director of Communications. This newly created role will execute all of the external communication efforts needed for inspiring action and engagement with the organization. This person will be a key contributor to our client and will be rewarded with additional responsibility and career stability. This passionate non-profit is targeting a strong leader to take on their Director of Communications role.
Director of Communications Responsibilities:
- Lead the communications and content development strategy of the company's mission
- Provide communications support to executive leadership through content, presentations, speeches, conferences, and more
- Build conference strategy and brand awareness through networking and building relations with key partners and stakeholders
- Manage and maintain media strategy and relations including pitching media, training leaders, and creating press releases
- Manage a team of individuals specialized within external communications including team meetings, reviews, progress reports, etc.
Director of Communications Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of experience in the external communications space
- Experience supporting executive leadership
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Strong level of proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Our client is looking for a driven and upbeat individual to lead their team. If you are looking to further your career within marketing communications with a growing organization, please apply to this Director of Communications position today!
Keywords and Related Terms: Marketing Communication , Storytelling, Messaging , Strategic Communication , Non-Profit , Not for Profit , Brand Ambassador , Verbal Communication , Written Communication , Interpersonal Communication , Internal Communication
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.