Our firm has partnered with a high growth, private equity backed organization that is looking for their next leader of Shared Services and Accounting! Located in the Chicago suburbs at their global headquarters, our client has an internationally recognizable brand name as a leader in the manufacturing and distribution space.
As the firm continues to grow, the Director of Accounting will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of shared services. This person will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance and Corporate Controller and will also lead complex internal projects which may include financial process improvement, M&A activity, integration activity, business decision analysis and long range strategic planning. They want a leader with a true blend of accounting and finance experience.
Director of Accounting Responsibilities:
- Lead the design and implementation of shared services and operational accounting group to achieve operational excellence and drive continuous improvement for the in-scope business processes.
- Oversee the monthly general ledger activities of certain corporate functions/accounts and shared service and operational accounts.
- Standardize the process for and review key reconciliations in the close process.
- Analyze P&L statements, balance sheets and prepare reports and recommendations.
- Support M&A activities as the finance lead, working with global cross functional teams to complete financial due diligence, valuation, and integration.
Director of Accounting Qualifications:
- Must have experience with shared services in the past, including a blend of accounting and finance expertise
- Minimum 10 years of experience preferably with a blend of public and private experience
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading large transformational implementations
- A strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
If you are interested in this Director of Accounting opportunity and qualify per the aforementioned requirements, please apply today!
Recruiter, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: Controller , Accounting , shared services, shared service , CPA , manufacturing , Management , GAAP , close , month end , budget , forecast , implementations , M&A , cash management ,
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in marketing, executive search, accounting and finance, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.