LaSalle Network has partnered with a multi-billion dollar, publicly traded medical device company located in Chicago in identifying their next Director of Accounting. This role is responsible for managing a team and leading technical accounting and financial reporting standards. The ideal candidate will have over 5 years of accounting leadership experience and be prepared to join the organization as the GAAP SME for implementation of new standards and process improvements to existing ones.
Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, this Director of Accounting will also be expected to present to the CFO regularly, offering a great opportunity for visibility within the organization.
Director of Accounting Responsibilities:
- Oversee preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements on Forms 10-Q and 10-K for filing with the SEC and inclusion in the firm’s annual report to shareholders
- Manage the team responsible for consolidating and closing the firm’s books each month
- Manage the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts for the Global Finance department
- Serve as a primary resource for addressing U.S. GAAP issues for finance executives throughout the firm, including accounting for business combinations, potential consolidations issues related to management of partnership investments, revenue recognition, and stock-based compensation plans, among others
- Maintain and update the firm’s global accounting policy manual
- Manage, train, and mentor the accounting team, including 2 direct and 5 indirect employees
- Serve as a primary point of contact with the firm’s external auditors
Director of Accounting Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting with 7+ years of related experience, 5+ years in a leadership/managerial role
- CPA certification required
- Big 4 or audit foundation, highly desired
- Experience with Hyperion, PeopleSoft or other large ERP, and multi-national corporations, a plus
If you are interested in this Director of Accounting opportunity and qualify per the requirements, please apply today!
Executive Search Consultant
Key Related Terms: accounting , finance , director , leadership , management , revenue , investment
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.