Job DescriptionOur client, one of the largest nonprofit organizations in the Chicagoland area, is looking to bring on an experienced Director of Accounting. This role is based out of the Midway area and will operate on a hybrid WFH model.
The Director of Accounting will be responsible for providing mentoring and leadership to the Finance/Accounting team, identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and profitability, maintaining internal controls and supporting senior leadership in financial decisions.
Director of Accounting Responsibilities:
- Manage all general accounting functions including overseeing the month end close, accounts payables, payroll, donation revenue and investments
- Oversee the accounts payable function and team
- Assist with Treasury functions and Cash Forecasting models
- Drive process improvement initiatives
- Plan and administer audits
Director of Accounting Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5-7 years of non-profit accounting experience
- Prior people management experience
- Willing to work on a hybrid model in the Chicagoland area
If you are interested in this Director of Accounting opportunity and qualify for the role, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Terms: accountant, accounting, finance , non-profit, non profit, NFP, analysis , analytics , variance , reconcile , bachelor’s degree , month end , reporting , reconciliation , journal entries , journal entry , balance sheet , income statement , profit & loss , controls , internal controls , GL , general ledger , GAAP , audit , system , ERP, cash flow, ap , ar , receivable , payable , consolidate , consolidation , allocation , KPI #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.