Our client, a chemical company headquartered in the northern suburbs of Chicago, IL, is looking for a Demand Planner to join their team.
Demand Planner Responsibilities:
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function
- Use and maintain current demand planning systems to create the best statistical baseline possible using established processes
- Collect past/future demand inputs (distribution gains/losses, price changes, new/discontinued products, promotion plans, etc.) from Sales and Marketing and forecast/model impacts on demand
- Work closely with Sales to ensure that key Customer Plans are incorporated into the Demand Plan
- Attend the Category Demand reviews and understand drivers, challenge assumptions and lead the team to agreement on the total Demand Plan
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated Sales and Marketing assumptions
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products and product phase-outs
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer plans with Supply Planning
- Adhere to a weekly Demand Control process, collaborating on abnormal and unconsumed demand ensuring short term changes to the Demand Plan are agreed to and executed
- Perform both product and customer segmentation analysis to determine appropriate focus areas
- Utilize continuous improvement tools to focus on root cause along with analytical reporting and tools to identify areas of opportunity and process improvement
Demand Planner Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in supply chain, operations, engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in Demand or related field required
- SAP, BI, JDA experience a plus
- Strong analytical experience in MS office, Business Intelligence, Access, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Certification; APICS, IBP, LEAN 6 SIGMA a significant plus
If you are interested in this Demand Planner opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today.
Project Manager, Supply Chain
Keywords and Related Terms: supply chain , analyst , customer service , project management , SAP , Business , Economics , business , international , global , pivot tables , Excel , VLOOKUPs #LI-SCPROJ
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.