LaSalle Network is currently partnering with a client in downtown Chicago that is seeking a Data Visualization Analyst to join their team. As the Data Visualization Analyst, aka Power BI Analyst, you will be responsible for creating and managing BI and analytics solutions that empower decision-makers with actionable insights that increase productivity, improve competitive edge and enhance workforce efficiency. This position is a contract-to-hire and requires the ability to be on-site in downtown Chicago two days of the week (flexibility on which days are in-office).
Data Visualization Analyst Responsibilities:
- Participate in discussions with business partners to define key business questions, translate them into necessary requirements documentation and develop visual data-driven solutions which answer those questions
- Develop reports, thoughtful visualizations, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Microsoft’s Power BI and Azure Stack employing leading visualization techniques
- Perform UX design activities and Power BI navigation features (e.g. bookmarks, drill-throughs) to guide end-users through a data-driven story
- Develop calculations in SQL, DAX and Power BI measures which are accurate and performant on large datasets
- Work with our internal customers to manage User Acceptance Testing (UAT) processes and address their feedback
- Assist with governance and deployment of Power BI, including administration, content distribution/sharing, training and support
- Champion the leading Power BI design methodology and best practices
- Extract data from various data sources; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse, reshape and aggregate data
- Evangelize data analytics best practices among peers and stakeholders
- Proactively monitor and evaluate the impact of monthly Power BI releases
- Conduct deep-dive data analysis for business insights and recommendations, including ad hoc analytics for executive-level requests and priorities
Data Visualization Analyst Requirements:
- Experience with Power BI development, visualizations and deployment (3+ years)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, design, statistics or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience with the Microsoft BI stack, including TSQL, PowerBI, Power Query, DAX, M, MDX and SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
- 3+ years of experience with configuration/management of Microsoft Power BI Service
- 3+ years of experience extracting, manipulating and analyzing data via Dataflows, Datamarts, Dashboards and Apps to recommend and/or take action
- Demonstrated SQL development experience by writing queries and procedures and using functions to create curated data for use in reporting
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- 1-2 years of experience documenting business requirements, processes and workflows
- Advanced level of MS Excel skills with knowledge of functions, macros and VBA programming is preferred
- Must be detail oriented, able to work independently and able to self-prioritize tasks
- 3+ years of experience in working with relational databases: SQL Server
If you have the experience listed above, possess a great attitude and are looking for a long-term opportunity with a stable and established employer, this is the role for you! If you are interested in learning more, please apply today!
Project Manager - Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: PowerBI, SQL , Excel , Dashboard , DAX , SSIS , SSAS , SSRS , Power Query #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.