Our client is looking for an organized, detail-oriented candidate to be a Controller in our corporate office. The position is highly visible to executive management and will be responsible for all financial analysis and reporting for our corporate and underlying investment entities. The Controller will supervise and provide leadership to the accounting team. This position requires an in-depth understanding of proper financial reporting in accordance with accounting standards, and adherence to company policy, external agreements, and loan documents. Problem solving through analytical reasoning and effective communication, both written and verbal, are required.
- Understand complex joint venture structures along with the related accounting and reporting requirements
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting closes of the corporate and underlying investment entities
- Prepare and/or review journal entries in compliance with GAAP and the company's policies and procedures. Ensure that workpapers are properly organized and documented
- Comply with and enhance existing control environment, evaluate and update accounting and internal control policies and processes
- Manage external audits, lender reporting and work with internal tax department on compliance
- Assist with process improvement, optimization of system utilization and overall efficiency
- Develop and produce operational analyses and present periodic results to executive management
- Assist in the monthly preparation and review of 10-year corporate-level cash flow forecasts
- Prepare and review cash flow variance analysis
- Manage the Treasury function and assist in cash management at the corporate and investment levels, including cash positioning and funding
- Develop relationships internally in order to stay informed and be a go-to resource
- Prepare the annual operating budget process and periodic re forecasts through supporting analysis and compilation
- Oversee and manage accounting team, providing guidance and aiding in personal development
- Manage and track investor distributions and intercompany payables/receivables
- Assist with various projects and ad hoc analyses.
Your Track Record
- BA in Accounting, advanced degree a plus
- CPA required
- 8-12 years of progressive experience, exposure to the Real Estate industry
- Experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents
- Critical thinking with a strong desire to approach tasks analytically and challenge existing processes, attempting to improve overall efficiency
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, exciting environment
- Strong communicator with the ability to effectively respond, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with all levels within the company
- Ability to work independently without significant oversight by supervisors
- Multi-tasker, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to teach and mentor senior and staff members
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office products for the purpose of data compilation, analysis and presentation
- Full-time and full of fun challenges
- Flexible paid time off benefits
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent
- Health, dental, vision, life and flexible spending accounts
- Retirement 401(k) plan with company match
- Corporate property gym
- Parental leave
- Commuter benefit
- Company volunteer opportunities
- Lunches! Snack wall! And more!
If you are interested in this Corporate Controller opportunity, and qualify for the role, please apply today!
Project Manager, Executive Search
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.