A high-growth food and beverage company in the suburbs of Chicago is in search of a Corporate Buying Assistant to support the Group Buying Director. This company has been recognized as Supermarket of the Year two years in a row, received Grocer of the Year Award, and has recently became the sixth-largest supermarket chain.
In recent months, this organization has made a tremendous push to hire talent from some of the nation’s fastest growing and most innovative companies. The ideal candidate for this Corporate Buying Assistant role will have experience working for this type of organization and will be accustomed to the fast pace and unique challenges that come along with that environment. In this position, you will directly support a director who is known company-wide for being an incredible mentor and a highly inspirational leader.
Corporate Buying Assistant Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various computer applications, such as database management, report generation, or word processing
- Create, maintain, and enter information into the department software
- Manage multiple projects at once by prioritizing, setting deadlines, and coordinating the flow of information internally and/or externally
- Provide training to new staff and contribute to committee or team work
- Maintain leader’s calendar by arranging and coordinating meetings/appointments
- Perform routine administrative and clerical duties such as answering phones, preparing documents, maintaining files, and processing paperwork
- Provide recommendations for changes or improvements on operating or training procedures and seek further training on areas if needed
- Processes replies, research, and/or draft reports to handle all inquiries within capacity in a timely manner
- Collaborate with team members and communicate relevant information to direct leader
- Uphold the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility
Corporate Buying Assistant Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prepare written materials to meet purpose and audience
- Project a positive image of the business
- Understand, recognize, and effectively manage challenges by proactively working to decrease their impact and frequency of occurring
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute to a positive working environment
- Ability to stay organized and multi-task in a professional and efficient manner
- Create and/or adhere to a standard procedure, routine, template, or checklist to accomplish assigned tasks efficiently and on time
- Give attention to detail and follow instructions
- Active listening skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
This organization is poised for even more rapid growth in 2021 and is attracting some of the top talent in the Chicagoland market. If you are passionate about continuing your career as a Corporate Buying Assistant and want to work alongside a team of talented and inspiring professionals, please apply today!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: buyer , buying assistant , administrative assistant , administrative , admin , office , office manager , project , project manager , manager , reporting , corporate , product , product development
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.