Our Chicagoland client is looking for a Controller for a period of 3- 6 months. This is a hybrid opportunity, with 3 days in office and 2 days remote in a typical work week.
The Controller will be responsible for managing the operating profit & loss statement, cost accounting, inventory control, procurement, and forecasting and budgeting. This position will own the US Standard Costs during the budget process and support creation of new products.
- Manage and prepare month end journal entries
- Prepare with the monthly and quarterly forecasts for both Balance sheet and Income statement
- Lead Accounts Payable coordination for forecasts and budgets
- Prepare monthly Purchase Price Variance reporting and work with purchasing on variances
- Lead the internal processing and reporting of inbound and outbound freight with coordination from Logistics Manager, distribution office, and third-party freight companies
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations with supporting documentation, investigate, and resolve any large reconciling items
- Prepare quarterly Excess & Obsolete Inventory Analysis and Warranty Reserve Analysis
- Prepare supporting documentation for quarterly and annual external audits
- Support future SAP enhancements around additional modules, standard costing and purchase price variance, sales order functionality, reserve calculation, warehouse management, etc.
- Keep management apprised of significant issues
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and accounting systems
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain effective internal controls
- SAP knowledge is required
- Advanced Excel skills
- Must have recent and relevant experience in a manager or above capacity in a medium to large manufacturing organization
Sr. Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: controller , interim , accounting , accountant , excel , gaap , sap #LI-AR2
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.