LaSalle Network’s Client is a leading designer and manufacturer of hardware products including decorative kitchen, bath, furniture, and door hardware. They are well known for their strong brands, unique and proprietary product designs, extensive assortments, and innovative merchandising.
Our Client is recruiting for a Controller that requires an experienced leader who will provide effective management and leadership of the accounting function for the Company. This key position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer. Responsibilities include internal and external reporting, internal controls over financial reporting, accounts payable, cash management including accounts receivable, cash posting and monitoring of collections activities, payroll including taxes and nexus, coordination of sales and local tax, income tax and other business tax filings. The Company is a portfolio company of a private investment firm, so experience in such environment where management of cash, debt, and covenant reporting under a Credit Agreement is desirable.
- Provide leadership and oversight of the accounting function for the company, including internal and external reporting, technical accounting, and internal controls
- Direct all aspects of accounting operations, including timely and accurate month-end accounting close process, preparation of internal management financial reports, and sales & business tax filings and remittance
- Maintain records in accordance with GAAP, and research technical accounting issues in support of new business initiatives and new/proposed accounting standards, including revenue recognition
- Manage and oversee A/P, A/R, Cash Posting, Payroll, Customer Billing and Analysis, Commissions
- Ensure all processes are timely and accurately performed within each discipline and have proper internal controls
- Maintain banking/treasury relationships to ensure positive pay functionality is being properly maintained and monitored, lockbox and other daily banking activity is processed, posted and reconciled timely, and any chargeback activity is timely dispositioned
- Drive process and systems improvements across the financial organization, including design and implementation of key controls over financial reporting, maintenance of accounting policies & procedures and the chart of accounts, as well as preparation of reporting packages for Corporate and/or financial institutions
- With IT partners, maintain the JDE accounting system, and ongoing responsibility for management of all financial systems once implemented
- Build relationships with management of functional areas; including interacting regularly with key stakeholders across the business in areas ranging from operations, sales, human resources, IT
- Assist in potential M&A activity, including analysis, due diligence, integration, and purchase accounting
- Act as the point of contact and manage relationships with and the work product (i.e. annual financial audits, tax filings, etc.) of our independent auditors and Tax Preparers
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA is preferred
- Experience as a Controller or equivalent in a corporate environment; Consumer Goods experience preferred
- Ecommerce platform integration experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of financial governance and compliance including GAAP
- Proven leadership experience and a passion for team development
- JDE working knowledge; experience in JDE Module application integration
- Cost Accounting experience including supply chain and inventory management
- Demonstrated success in helping build an autonomous accounting and finance function based on an organization that also has reporting requirements to a holding company
- Sound aptitude for financial applications and ERP; JDE experience preferred
If you are interested in this Controller role and qualify per the above requirement, please apply today!
Associate Director, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: retail , ecommerce , manufacturing , distribution , accounting , finance , operations
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.