Job DescriptionLaSalle Network is working with a leading manufacturing company in the south suburbs of Chicago in its search for a Controller. The Controller will lead the company’s financial closing and ensure the company’s accounting procedures conform to GAAP.
- Develop, implement and maintain accounting policies and procedures that comply with GAAP and internal control requirements
- Direct monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Own the company’s general ledger and internal controls
- Coordinate annual audits
- Oversee daily operations of the accounting department
- Manage the department team, including hiring, training and performance management
- Ensure intercompany transactions are properly accounted for and recorded
- Prepare and help lead new ERP system implementation
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory or governmental, corporate policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in accounting or finance, with 3+ years in a managerial role
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting and internal controls
- Experience in the manufacturing industry required, as is expertise with cost accounting
- Experience with ERP systems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
Keywords and Related Terms: controller , accounting , close , GAAP , IFRS , finance , financial , internal control , audit , management , manage , lead , CPA , general ledger , ERP #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of direct hire and temporary staffing services. For over two decades, LaSalle has helped organizations hire faster and connect top talent with opportunities, from entry-level positions to the C-suite. With units specializing in Accounting and Finance, Administrative, Marketing, Technology, Supply chain, Healthcare Revenue Cycle, Call Center, Human Resources and Executive Search. LaSalle offers staffing and recruiting solutions to companies of all sizes and across all industries. LaSalle Network is the premier staffing and recruiting firm, earning over 100 culture, revenue and industry-based awards from major publications and having its company experts regularly contribute insights on retention strategies, hiring trends and hiring challenges, and more to national news outlets.