Our partner, a private equity backed, midsized Phoenix area services company, is looking for a new Controller to help manage and develop a strong accounting team and drive excellence in accounting processes and procedures. If you are an experienced accounting leader with public accounting practice, looking for an opportunity to build out an accounting practice and lay solid foundations for our company going forward, we want to hear from you!
The Controller will lead the Accounting team in the functional areas of general ledger, consolidated financial statements, cash flow statements, intercompany eliminations, foreign compliance and taxes, accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, payroll revenue recognition and accounting, account reconciliations, cash disbursements, cash receipts, payroll processing, fixed asset accounting and annual audits. The Controller will advise and make recommended improvements and/or upgrades of our accounting information systems and internal controls.
- Complete monthly financial close procedures and produce timely and accurate financial statements
- Update and maintain accurate monthly cash flow forecast aligned with annual budget
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations and make recommendations for improvement
- Work with non-financial teams to increase knowledge of business cycles and departmental nuances, as well as build partnerships through inter-departmental collaboration opportunities
- Continue monthly and quarterly budget/actual review and training sessions with corporate departments and International Center Directors on financial statements and various accounting procedures
- Monitor and confirm financial results by conducting internal audits and providing complete and accurate information to external auditors as their first point of contact
- Proactively identify opportunities for future audit process improvements that take less time and resources through proper preparation and easy to access reports
- Maintain compliance with all domestic and international accounting and income tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- CPA certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in international, multi-company accounting, financial reporting, audit and taxation
- M&A experience preferred
- Highly efficient at multi-tasking including prioritization, responsiveness and keeping others informed
- Experience in consulting, negotiation and conflict resolution skills; analytical, proactive problem solver
- Strong program and project management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to interpret accounting guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of ERP systems (Great Plains beneficial)
If you have the experience and desire to lead our Accounting team, apply today! We look forward to speaking with you!
Sr. Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: controller , GAAP , accounting #LI-DNP
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.