LaSalle Network is currently partnered with a financial planning company in the Nashville area who are looking to add a Consumer Loan Specialist to their growing team.
As a Consumer Loan Specialist, you will be involved in an on-the-job training program to enhance skills and encourage internal advancement. Primary responsibility is to ensure a positive total customer experience while originating consumer loans, completing loan applications, developing strong customer relationships and meeting sales goals.
Responsibilities of the Consumer Loan Specialist:
- Actively identifies opportunities to originate new loan business with new and existing customers
- Evaluates customer needs to recommend the best consumer loan and voluntary product solutions
- Completes loan applications, proposals and offers for new borrowers and follows up with pending applicants
- Assists potential borrowers by explaining the loan process, answering questions regarding loan products and loan processing
- Take ownership of customer concerns and works with management to formulate and execute strategies for potential problem loans
- Closes loans, assembles loan folders, and breaks down files
- Consistently meets or exceeds loan goals
- Responsible for day-to-day servicing of an ever-growing, complex consumer loan portfolio
- Applies analytical skills to quickly and efficiently resolve any customer issues
- Processes insurance claims, follow-ups and payments daily and maintains insurance log according to state requirements
- Provides excellent customer care through daily transactions, customer inquiries and problem resolution
- Adheres to corporate, legal, and regulatory policies, guidelines, and requirements regarding compliance
- Answers incoming phone calls; checks branch’s voicemail
- Assists Branch Manager with miscellaneous operational tasks such as daily initialization, preparing daily deposit and importing live checks
- Effectively builds trust with customers and internal staff by embodying and demonstrating the philosophy of the organization, including core values, company policies, operational procedures and compliance
Qualifications of the Consumer Loan Specialist:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience (i.e., retail sales, goal-oriented or incentive based)
- Creative problem solving, analytical decision making, organization and time management skills
- Professional demeanor, positive attitude, strong communication and customer relations skills; This position requires frequent interaction with our customers.
- Ability to work in a high-performing, fast-paced, goal-oriented, team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities while being detail oriented
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Windows & Microsoft Office
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation are required
- Must meet our acceptable standards for criminal background history, credit history and driving history and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to meet the eligibility requirements for insurance licensing in order to sell voluntary insurance products. Eligibility is based on a criminal background check conducted by the state’s department of insurance.
This is a contract to hire opportunity and would look to start as soon as possible. If you feel you are qualified and are interested, please apply today!
Key words: loans , finance , customer service
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.