LaSalle Network is partnering with a client located in downtown Chicago who is seeking a dynamic Human Resources Generalist to join HR team. The Human Resources Generalist must have extensive knowledge of California state law, and they will assist in a wide range of HR support including employee relations, HR best practices, training, and compliance.
Human Resources Generalist Responsibilities:
- Partner with management on employee counseling and coaching
- Administer unemployment claims
- Conduct employee relations investigations abiding to California state law
- Remain current on health, retirement, and other company benefits as well as federal and state law changes
- Advise employees about benefits
- Maintain personnel records and work within the HRIS
- Advise managers/supervisors about on labor relations issues and the grievance process
- Respond to inquiries and requests by government agencies in regard to employee complaints
Human Resources Generalist Requirements:
- Hands-on updated knowledge of California state laws
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field preferred OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of HR experience
- Current or previous manufacturing work experience
- Conflict resolution experience
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Must be able to work weekends and some overtime as needed
If you are an accomplished human resources professional looking for the next step in your career and the opportunity to join a quickly growing company as a Human Resources Generalist, please apply today!
Recruiter, Human Resources
Keywords and Related Terms: California , HR generalist , human resource generalist , human resources generalist , hr , human resources , benefits , payroll , manufacturing , plant , plant HR , union , labor relations , grievance , unionized , HR associate , HR specialist , human resources specialist , human resources associate
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.