LaSalle Network’s Client is looking for a Compliance Officer to join the newly established subsidiary in Chicago. They recently acquired two entities in the US as part of its strategy to expand footprint in new markets and to add new products to its portfolio. Our Client has developed and operates an online trading platform which enables its international customer base from over 50 countries to trade contracts for difference ("CFDs") on over 2,500 underlying global financial instruments comprising shares, indices, commodities, options, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, and foreign exchange.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for the effective implementation of the Company's compliance program, policies, and procedures. The Compliance Officer will also be responsible for the internal practice, measures, procedures, and controls relevant to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the standardization and application of principles and methods for assessing risks, as well as maintaining and enhancing financial risk management plans and providing constant monitoring of adequate systems to review the requirements concerning capital adequacy, large exposures, and liquidity. The successful candidate will work closely with the Company's Management Board to assess the 2 compliance risks associated with the Company's business and minimize the Company's exposure to such risks, while adhering to both external and internal regulations imposed upon the Company to ensure that it meets all regulatory requirements. The role will include, but is not limited to, the following (under the overall oversight and supervision of the Management Board):
Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Develop the compliance program of the Company and fulfilling the relevant compliance requirements
- Maintain the Company's overall compliance with the relevant regulatory framework, monitor and assess the level of compliance risk, take into account the services provided, as well as the financial instruments traded
- Monitor of relevant legislation, internal rules, and policies impacting the business, including wider legislative, regulatory, Company and industry standards, and pro-actively assisting the business in implementing new and/or amended regulatory requirements
- Develop, design, and draft appropriate policies, procedures, and controls for the operation of various organizational units in accordance with the Company's compliance program, including procedures to prevent, record, resolve, or disclose situations of conflicts of interest
- Monitor the services and activities undertaken by the outsourced functions for compliance with the relevant provisions of the internal procedures’ manual
- Review the Company's website and all information (including marketing communications) to clients
- Conduct periodical assessment of the compliance risk of the Company's business activities and develop a risk-oriented activity plan for approval by the Management Board
- Report promptly to the CCO and Management Board on any major changes in the compliance risk assessment
- Report serious compliance breaches and matters with far-reaching implications in a timely manner to the Management Board, as well as supporting the Management Board in its choice of appropriate instructions and measures
- Report recommendations for compliance or correction of any deficiencies to the Management Board and actively manage the mitigation of compliance breaches
- Receive and follow up on client complaints and monitor the work performed by the complaints handling team
- Track instances of non-compliance until resolved
- Prepare compliance reports to Management Board and Supervisory Board, as well as preparation and submission of reports to regulatory authorities per the regulatory requirements
- Review training programs and ensuring that they are compliant with regulatory obligations, as well as training and educating the Company in-house and outsourced staff including, where necessary, provision 3 of day-to-day assistance
- Keep abreast with new compliance legislation and alert the Management Board as necessary
- Draft and submit written reports to the Management Board and Supervisory Board, including operational matters and regulatory developments arising, and key achievements in various areas towards compliance with the applicable regulatory framework, making recommendations and indicating in particular whether the appropriate remedial measures have been taken in the event of any deficiencies
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the AML Program
Compliance Officer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law and/or Business Administration
- Substantial and proven specialist knowledge and work experience of financial services (preferably with an FCM or other listed derivatives industry experience) required to ensure compliance with registration requirements of an Associated Person (AP) (including the NFA‘s AP proficiency requirements)
- Proven knowledge and work experience in a similar position in the futures commission merchant, audit firms, consultancy firms or other relevant financial institution required to ensure compliance with licensing requirements
- Strong working knowledge of applicable Commodity Futures Trading regulatory regimes, including familiarity with applicable reporting requirements.
If you are interested in this Compliance Officer role and qualify per the above requirement, please apply today!
Associate Director, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: fintech , trading platform , global , compliance , leadership , strategy , futures trading , aml , anti-money laundering
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.