Our client is looking for a skilled Coding Supervisor to join their fast-paced environment and growing team! Our client is a leader within their industry and has grown into one of the largest and most successful independent multi-specialty physician groups in Illinois! This is an incredible opportunity to get your foot in the door at an industry leader and develop a long-term career!
The main function of this Coding Supervisor position is to maintain and oversee the efficient operation of the coding and charge entry processes in Coding Shared Services. The individual will support coding/charge entry functions, coordinate and support the activities of the Coding Specialists, and assist clinical practice sites with coding/charge entry related processes. This position reports to the Manager of Coding and Reimbursement Shared Services.
Coding Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervise and coordinate all activities of Coding Specialists
- Lead or participate in cross-functional workgroups/committees as needed to represent coding and charge entry issues
- Develop reports and presentations on projects for senior management
- Effectively utilize ICD, CPT/HCPCS and related materials to investigate coding issues and produce accurate results
- Understand Medicare billing rules (i.e. LCD/NCD, CCI, Medical Necessity, and ABN) and communicate this information to staff, management and physicians
- Serve as a resource to providers and clinical staff on coding questions and documentation requirements/guidelines
- Monitor services performed to ensure all encounters are captured (charge capture reports), coded and billed within timeframes
- Assist with payor denials, patient questions related to billing issues, and makes decisions on whether to appeal claims for payment
- Stay abreast of current changes in coding and reimbursement requirements for government programs and other third party payers
- Conduct system testing, provide feedback, and support conversions/implementations on coding and charge entry issues
- Actively participates in meetings and/or seminars and disseminates the information to peers to enhance the knowledge and skills of the department
- Conduct billing audits to ensure the accuracy of the codes assigned
- Evaluate and implement processes to ensure accurate reimbursement
- Assist with interviewing potential candidates for hire and train new employees
- Process payroll and resolve any payroll issues
- Perform yearly performance reviews
- Approve time off requests for employees
Coding Supervisor Requirements:
- Strong working knowledge of physician coding rules and guidelines and physician payment system
- Ability to interpret, analyze and abstract data/documentation
- Must have specific knowledge of diagnostic and procedural terminology, ICD and CPT/HCPCS coding systems, and billing compliance rules
- Minimum Associate of Science degree in Health Information Technology or equivalent field
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite of products
- Current coding certification and maintains certification
- Experience in multi-specialty physician coding is highly preferred
- Minimum of three to five years of previous coding and billing experience
- Minimum of two years of supervisory experience is highly preferred
- Ability to educate/train others as needed
If you are interested in the position and qualify for the role, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: coding supervisor , coding , medical billing and coding
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.