LaSalle Network is working with a client in the city of Chicago and looking to hire a Coding Manager. The Coding Manager is a direct hire role, offering a competitive salary and benefit package. Last year our client’s health system was ranked in the Top 3 in Illinois, and it consistently receives awards for its service and quality. We are actively looking for an individual who is passionate about the industry and is looking for an opportunity to join one of the most prestigious Healthcare Systems in the Chicago Area.
This role will involve strategic planning, supervision and coordination of daily operations in assigned areas of the Health Information Management Department. The department strives to provide timely and quality services to administration, medical staff, patients, and regulatory and accreditation agencies associated with this health care system.
Coding Manager Duties and Functions:
- Ensure inpatient and outpatient unbilled amounts remain within established standards of performance.
- Coordinate coding services throughout MHMC to ensure accuracy and consistency of code assignments.
- Maintain effective inter and intra departmental communications regarding the hospital coding operations and processes and participate in studies or activities where organizational improvements can be realized.
- Manage assigned projects, prepare management reports, develop and
- implement work plans.
- Manage and test departmental computer applications: Cerner and 3M Coding.
- Coordinate and manage coding operations; prioritize and disseminate work to employees and assign projects as required.
- Perform and supervise personnel management functions, such as hiring, training, scheduling, counseling, evaluating and terminating employees.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of department goals and objectives.
- Provide resources for staff development and education and coordinate student clinical education activities.
- Monitor departmental operations and recommend policies and procedures for compliance with regulatory agencies, and applicable coding guidelines.
- Ensure staff is HIPAA compliant with training and continuing educate requirements and ensure that various coding compliance audits are performed to validate that staff is coding in accordance with all coding guidelines.
Requirements and Qualifications of Coding Manager:
- Minimum Experience: 5-10 years leadership experience in Inpatient/Outpatient Coding.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Certifications Required(s): CPC, RHIA, RHIT or CCS
- EMR/EHR Required: 3M and EPIC
If you are qualified and interested in the Coding Manager position, please apply today!
Senior Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: Inpatient, ICD-9, ICD-10, Coder, Coding, CPC, RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CDI, Clinical Documentation Improvement
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. Specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.