LaSalle Network is working with a client in the north area of Chicago and looking to hire an Inpatient Clinical Documentation Specialist for their Coding/Billing Operations Department. The Inpatient Clinical Documentation Specialist is offering a competitive salary and benefit package.
Our client is recognized as one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals and a Top 15 Major Teaching Hospital. This is a full-time 40 hours per week position and hours will flexible around 8:00am-4:30pm (start and end times are flexible). This is an incredible opportunity to join a highly recognized healthcare brand in the Chicago market! Below is a list of responsibilities and qualifications for the role.
Inpatient Clinical Documentation Specialist Duties and Functions:
- Review medical records for conflicting, incomplete, or non-specific documentation by provider
- Identify clinical indicators to ensure diagnosis and procedures are clinically supported
- Ensure each treated diagnosis is documented in the medical record to the appropriate specificity in collaboration with providers, and coders aimed at ensuring accurate, complete, and compliant medical records which reflect the severity and complexity of a patient's illness
Requirements and Qualifications of Inpatient Clinical Documentation Specialist, RN:
- RN, RHIA, RHIT, CDIP, or CCDS required
- RN with prior CDI experience or recent (within 8 years)
- Broad-based clinical experience in the inpatient setting with a minimum 2 years critical care or 5 years Med/Surg. / HIM
- CDIP certification
- Minimum 2 years recent acute care CDI experience in the inpatient setting
If you are qualified and interested in the Inpatient Clinical Documentation Specialist position, please apply today!
Senior Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: Clinical Documentation Specialist, Clin Doc, RN, RHIA, RHIT, CDIP, CCDS, Medical Records, Records Review
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. Specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.