LaSalle Network has been retained by a VC-backed technology-enabled financial services company to identify a detail-oriented and strategic Chief Accounting Officer (CAO). The CAO will help our client achieve its operational and financial goals while embodying key company values of service, accountability and collaboration.
- Lead all areas of accounting, including technical accounting, revenue accounting, consolidations, operational accounting, internal controls, regulatory compliance and tax
- Create and employ best practices and operational standards based on peer benchmarking; collaborate with all units company-wide to improve controls and processes with the goal of positively impacting company performance
- Develop and implement accounting policies, adapting as necessary to changes in the business as well as potential changes to U.S. GAAP
- Serve as key contact with external auditors to ensure effective audit process
- From an accounting standpoint, evaluate potential acquisitions, support negotiations and ultimately manage system integrations for completed transactions
- Build and lead a high-performing, high-capacity and diverse accounting team; conduct annual and ongoing performance evaluations and provide development and advancement opportunities for team members
- 15+ years of work experience in accounting
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting or finance; MBA preferred
- CPA required
- 5+ years in Big 4 public accounting is strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of U.S. GAAP and technical accounting knowledge
- M&A and integration accounting experience
- Prior experience implementing accounting policies and procedures
- Proven success building and leading a team using a collaborative management style
If you are interested in this Chief Accounting Officer (“CAO”) opportunity and qualify for the role, please apply today!
Sr. Director, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: chief accounting officer , CAO , CPA , accounting, finance , audit , financial controls , report , process improvement , manufacturing , analytics , bachelor’s degree , bachelors degree , month end , reporting , financial statements , reconcile , reconciliation , journal entries , journal entry , balance sheet , income statement , profit & loss , cash , accrual , internal controls , GL , general ledger , GAAP , ERP , accounts payable , accounts receivable , AP , AR , Excel , workshift , oracle , controller , manage #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.