Charge Description Master Analyst
LaSalle Network is working with a client near Oak Brook, IL and looking to hire a Charge Description Master Analyst. Last year our client’s health system was ranked in the Top 3 in Illinois, and it consistently receives awards for its service and quality. We are actively looking for an individual who is passionate about the industry and is looking for an opportunity to join one of the most prestigious Healthcare Systems in the Chicago Area.
The Charge Description Master Analyst will assist with our client’s maintenance of the CDM as well as integrating from a recently acquired hospital system over to their CDM. They will be creating brand new charge codes if needed for any of the locations. They will also assist with Evaluation Requests and completing retrospective reviews of current CDM items.
Charge Description Master Analyst Duties and Functions:
- Provides chargemaster updates to adhere to appropriate reimbursement and compliance with governmental billing regulations which includes updating chargemaster codes related to annual CPT updates, quarterly HCPCS updates, payor specific updates (e.g. Medi-Cal, CPSP, etc.)
- Processes CDM change requests and coordinates with EPIC IT team to implement the specific changes and maintain timely turnaround of all chargemaster requests.
- Adheres to corporate procedures for additions, deletions, and other changes to the charge master to support an accurate database.
- Works with the revenue producing departments to support the ongoing coordinated consistency of the chargemaster, including accurate descriptions, coding, additions, deletions, pricing, and any other changes.
- Collaborate with managerial and supervisory billing staff to support accurate regulatory billing.
- Develops and utilizes tools to trend, analyze and interpret changes in reimbursement specific to coding and charge master initiatives.
- In partnership with the EPIC IT team, updates and maintains the EAP (Epic All Procedures) to support correct billing fields are populated.
- Partner with departments in reviewing preference lists and order panels for accuracy, and work with the EPIC clinical team to support that users can access correct charges.
- Perform audits when new charging logic is being implemented, when new service codes are being added to the EAP, or when new modules are being implemented in EPIC.
- Discuss results with managers/EPIC team/revenue cycle and clinical leadership and provide education to the necessary departments as needed to solve charge related issues.
- Trains new chargemaster analysts and provides quality checks as directed and participates in ongoing coordination and resolution of revenue issues as they arise
- Keeps expertise and current with all regulatory (CCI, NUBC, etc.) and CPT/HCPCS updates and other appropriate charging and billing rules.
Requirements and Qualifications of Charge Description Master Analyst:
- Minimum Experience: Two years in a charge description master (CDM) related work, broad-based knowledge of hospital financial operations including reimbursement, coding and charge capture processes and State and Federal regulations.
- Proficient in HCPCS codes and revenue codes
- EPIC Certified (Preference); or strong experience with EPIC
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) preferred
If you are qualified and interested in the Charge Description Master Analyst position, please apply today!
Senior Unit Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords: Charge Description Master , CDM , Analyst , Consultant , Consulting , CPC , CCS , EPIC , HCPCS , Revenue Codes , Revenue Cycle
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v. LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. Specializing in administrative, accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.