Our client is not only the top ranked hospital in Illinois but is also made up of more than 4,000 physicians, and 30,000 employees across 100 locations in the Chicagoland area. Due to their expansive growth, they have an immediate need for talented Medical Assistants.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician, and cleaning the exam rooms. The Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures. If you are looking to work for an award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care, now is your chance!
Medical Assistant Responsibilities:
- Escorts patient to exam room, identifies patient with 2 identifiers and prepares patient for examination.
- Obtains accurate vital signs, per organization standards.
- Documents reason for visit and updates/confirms, allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information.
- Promptly informs the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms.
- Anticipates/sets up equipment or supplies needed for visit.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for next patient.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- EPIC experience preferred
- 1 - 2 years of Medical Assistant experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficient in MS Office
If you are qualified and interested in this Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Michaela Adams, Project Manager
Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions
Keywords and Related Terms: Medicare , Medicaid , medical assistant , certified medical assistant , AMT , AAMA , NCCT , healthcare , clinical , CMA , customer service , epic , hospital , physician , health , medical , medicine , insurance , patient , patients
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in marketing, administrative, accounting and finance, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.