Our client is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant to expand their vastly growing team! This person will be responsible for obtaining vital signs, assisting the physician during exams, and updating the patient records in our EMR. Candidates with hands-on medical assisting experience are ideal!
Certified Medical Assistant Duties and Functions:
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings
Certified Medical Assistant Qualifications and Requirements
- High school graduate or GED is required
- Must have active Medical Assisting Certification (i.e. CMA, CCMA, RMA)
- Minimum of one year of experience in a clinical healthcare role
If you are qualified and interested in the Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: medical assistant , certified medical assistant , certified nursing assistant , nursing assistant , phlebotomy , medical history , vitals , vital statistics , medical terminology, vital signs, specimen, triage, medical records, injection, MA, CMA, CNA , electronic health records , clinic
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.