Our client is not only the top ranked hospital in Illinois but is also made up of more than 4,000 physicians and 30,000 employees across 100 locations in the Chicagoland area. Due to their expansive growth, they have an immediate need for talented Certified Medical Assistants.
The Certified Medical Assistant will be responsible for greeting and rooming patients, obtaining vitals, documenting the reasons for the visit and medical history, setting up equipment for the physician and cleaning the exam rooms. The Certified Medical Assistant will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures. If you are looking to work for an award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care, now is your chance!
Certified Medical Assistant Responsibilities
- Escort patient to exam room, identifies patient with two identifiers and prepares patient for examination
- Obtain accurate vital signs, per organization standards
- Document reason for visit and update/confirm allergies, smoking history and pharmacy information
- Promptly inform the provider and registered nurse of any significant change in vital signs or acute symptoms
- Anticipate/set up equipment or supplies needed for visit
- Clean and prepare exam room for next patient
Certified Medical Assistant Requirements:
- Current/up to date Medical Assistant Certification through one of the following entities:
- American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
- National Health Career Association (NHA)
- American Registry of Medical Assistant (ARMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
If you are qualified and interested in this Certified Medical Assistant position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and related terms: medical assistant , medical assisting , CMA , RMA , MA , registered medical assistant , certified medical assistant , AMT , AAMA , NHA , ARMA , NCCT , NRCMA #LI-OTHRCS
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.