As one of the largest health systems in Illinois, our client is made up of more than 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners. Come join their growing team! Due to their expansive growth, they have an immediate need for talented Central Schedulers.
The Central Scheduler will be responsible for outpatient and inpatient scheduling, registration and insurance verification functions such as updating computer patient demographic/insurance information and pre-registration/pre-authorization needs. The Central Scheduler will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures. If you are looking to work for an award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care to more than 1.2 million residents in Chicago’s western and northwestern suburbs, now is your chance!
Central Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Schedule all patients for outpatient procedures including radiology, special procedures, surgical procedures, cardiology, pulmonary and laboratory
- Recognize and utilize ICD-9 and CPT codes to identify correct procedure based on order
- Ensure the prevention of double-booking procedures by the identification of available time increments as defined by the clinical diagnostic area; reschedule and cancel patient appointments as required
- Pre-register outpatients for outpatient clinical, diagnostic and surgical encounters and pre-admit inpatients for inpatient stays
- Completes pre-registration and pre-admission questionnaires. Verifies insurance requirements and performs cash collection functions
Central Scheduler Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required.
- 1-2 years of recent medical experience in hospital admissions, patient registration, business office and/or physician’s offices
- Strong patient service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 wpm is preferred
If you are qualified and interested in this Central position, please apply today!
Healthcare Revenue Cycle Solutions
Keywords and Related Terms: managed care , commercial , Medicare , Medicaid , public aid , follow up , claims , rebill , medical biller , medical collector , financial counselor , patient access , patient registration , charity , payment plan , billing , collections , claims , follow-up , eob , patient , remittance , payor , insurance , review , submit , compliance , discrepancies , patient services , patient access , insurance verification , medical admin , patient registration , hospital registration , scheduler , registration , insurance , epic , referral , authorization , eligibility , verification , insurance , scheduler
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in accounting and finance, marketing, executive search, technology, administrative, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent, and permanent positions.