As one of the largest health systems in Illinois, our client is made up of more than 500 multi-specialty employed physicians and associate practitioners. Come join their growing team! Due to their expansive growth, they have an immediate need for talented Central Schedulers.
The Central Scheduler will be responsible for outpatient and inpatient scheduling, registration, and insurance verification functions such as updating computer patient demographic/insurance information and pre-registration/pre-authorization needs. The Central Scheduler will screen patients as well as provide accurate instructions to prepare patients for examination and procedures. If you are looking to work for an award-winning health system committed to delivering compassionate care to more than 1.2 million residents in Chicago’s western and northwestern suburbs, now is your chance!
Central Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Schedule all patients for outpatient procedures including radiology, special procedures, surgical procedures, cardiology, pulmonary, and laboratory
- Recognize and utilize ICD-9 and CPT codes to identify correct procedure based on order
- Ensure the prevention of double-booking procedures by the identification of available time increments as defined by the clinical diagnostic area; reschedule and cancel patient appointments as required
- Pre-register outpatients for outpatient clinical, diagnostic, and surgical encounters and pre-admit inpatients for inpatient stays
- Complete pre-registration and pre-admission questionnaires
- Verify insurance requirements and perform cash collection functions
Central Scheduler Requirements:
- High school graduate or GED is required
- 1-2 years of recent medical experience in hospital admissions, patient registration, business office, and/or physician’s offices
- Strong patient service skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
If you are qualified and interested in this Central Scheduler position, please apply today!
Project Manager, Healthcare Revenue Cycle
Keywords and Related Terms: patient access , patient service , customer service , healthcare , central scheduler , epic , demographic , patients , appointments , physician , doctor , hospital , admin , psr , medicine
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.