LaSalle Network has partnered with a recognized leader in the Construction Management industry headquartered in downtown Chicago, to identify their next Controller.
The Controller will be responsible for overseeing the accounting responsibilities and be the main point of contact for all general business operations. The ideal candidate will have a background within construction/engineering and worked for a smaller organization where they had to take on a wide range of responsibilities. Additionally, the Controller will need to demonstrate professional communication, have a strong attention to detail and a need for accuracy, and be hungry to learn in their role! This role will be wearing many hats as the company continues to grow.
- Overseeing all business operations (Accounting, Finance, Legal, Insurance, etc.).
- Monitor cash balances and line of credit
- Perform reconciliations and enter transactions
- Assist executive in tracking upcoming and long-term business opportunities; direct company management goals towards growth markets/sectors
- Oversee vendor management
- Initial review of contracts
- Process employee expense reports
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and leadership
- Bachelors’ degree and 10+ years of experience in finance or accounting
- Ability to work without supervision and in a team environment
- Proactive, highly motivated and efficient. Ability to consistently follow through on internal and external projects regardless of size.
- Strong communication skills and an eye for detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to take on multiple tasks at once
- Deltek experience is a plus
If you are interested in this Controller position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Recruiter, Accounting & Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: Construction, Engineering, Controller, Accounting
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed thousands of candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.