Our client, a market leader within the consumer-packaged goods industry, is seeking a Benefits Specialist to join their Benefits team. The Benefits Specialist will report to a well-respected Benefit Manager and will be responsible for working as part of a team to administer employee benefits. Our client operates in a professional work environment with a collaborative atmosphere.
The ideal candidate needs to be a proactive, analytical, "go getter” with proven experience administering either health and welfare or retirement plans. The Benefits Specialist will be responsible for enrolling employees, ensuring compliance, and serving as a liaison between the company and its vendors. This person will have shared responsibilities including invoice reconciliation and leave administration and will have the ability to draft employee communications as well as present to employees during new hire orientation.
Benefits Specialist Responsibilities:
- Process all enrollments, changes, benefit terminations via the HRIS system
- Process all monthly billing in a timely manner
- Manage open enrollment communication to employees
- Act as liaison between the benefits vendors and all employees, responsible for any and all inquiries regarding contributions, loans, distributions to 401 (K) plans and questions regarding medical insurance policies
- Resolve escalated benefits issues in a way that is fair to employees and minimizes cost and risk to the company and clients
- Conduct monthly audit of contributions received versus premiums paid
- Maintain metrics regarding health insurance and 401(k) participation
Benefits Specialist Requirements:
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of benefits administration experience ideally with a mid-large size company
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Familiarity with COBRA, FMLA, ACA and various federal/state laws applicable to employee benefits
- Strong Excel skills, ability to utilize v-lookups is a strong plus
If you are interested in this Benefits Specialist position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply now!
Unit Manager, HR Recruiting
Keywords and Related Terms: human resources , hr , compensation , ccp , hr strategy , communication , leadership , analyst , consultant , pay administration , broadbased , executive compensation , benchmarking , policies , procedures
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.