Job DescriptionWe are partnering with a Dallas-based client who is looking to hire a Benefits Specialist. This individual is responsible for benefits enrollment, processing, reporting and supporting the employee population. This role will also maintain the benefits database and files while ensuring benefits notice requirements and deadlines are maintained.
Benefits Specialist Responsibilities:
- Administer various employee benefits programs
- Coordinate with Payroll on benefit related work, ensure benefits changes are entered appropriately in payroll system for payroll deduction
- Create and distribute benefit-related communications throughout the organization
- Partner with carriers to ensure timely processing of claims, ID cards and customer service
- Assist with unemployment claims as needed and respond with appropriate documentation
- Coordinate workers' compensation claims
- Administer COBRA
- Track dates and deliver review of renewals, plan options and rates
- Prepare and conduct benefits trainings and meetings to help employees obtain information and understand company benefits and other related incentive program; ensure distribution of required employee notices
- Verify monthly premium insurance billing for all group policies
Benefits Specialist Requirements:
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality
- 2 years of experience processing employee benefits preferred
- Working knowledge of insurance products and applicable laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or equivalent experience
Keywords and Related Terms: benefits , COBRA , administration , open enrollment #LI-NADH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.