LaSalle Network’s client is a leading investment management firm exclusively focused on alternative real assets. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in London and Toronto, the firm has more than 200 employees and approximately $36 billion in assets under management. Since inception, the firm has created a series of differentiated investment solutions focused on demographic-driven, needs-based assets. The firm has invested across senior housing, student housing, healthcare delivery, life sciences, and storage real estate as well as social and utility infrastructure.
Our client is hiring an AVP, Corporate Accounting. The AVP, Corporate Accounting serves as a financial and business partner to the company, reporting to the Director of Corporate Accounting. The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of accounting experience, including some in a public accounting firm, and be successful working in a fast-paced team environment.
AVP, Corporate Accounting Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating the monthly and quarterly financial statement close for the consolidated global company, which includes UK and Canadian subsidiary activity, for reporting to the publicly owned parent company
- Review and approve all general ledger and journal entries prepared by the Corporate Senior Associate; experience with Yardi preferred but not required
- Review all corporate bank reconciliations prepared by Senior Associate
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations for all balance sheet line items prepared by Senior Associate
- Prepare calculation of monthly revenue accruals/deferrals earned from funds under management
- Prepare calculation of monthly bonus accrual staged each month based on actual and forecasted pre-bonus EBITDA
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of revenue and expense line items for review by Director and Chief Accounting Officer
- Review reporting from the insurance platform and record HS share of the monthly activity
- Adhere to controls in place over financial reporting in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley, including revenue recognition, payroll, financial statement close, accounts payable, etc.
- Assist in identifying new risks in the key processes listed above as it relates to the SOX environment
- Work closely with the VP of Financial Planning & Analysis on the budgeting process throughout the year
- Work closely with the tax group to ensure timely submission of periodic corporate tax filings
- Work directly with independent auditors to complete preliminary and year-end substantive and control testing as part of the overall audit of the publicly owned parent company
- Take ownership of the Corporate Accounting policies and procedures
- Corporate Senior Associate will report directly into this role
AVP, Corporate Accounting Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and/or finance
- Active CPA license required
- 7+ years of work experience in a big four accounting firm or significant accounting policy-setting organization or corporate accounting experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to research and document new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of complex, significant and/or unusual transactions
- Ability to work with senior management, influence decision making and set direction
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in SEC reporting and working knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, accounting research, and data analytic tools
- Approaches problems with an open mind
- Great attention to detail and sense of ownership
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, teamwork, and partnering skills
- Effective writing, presentation, and communication skills
If you are interested in this AVP, Corporate Accounting role and qualify per the above requirement, please apply today!
Associate Director, Executive Search
Keywords and Related Terms: real estate , investment , fund , strategy , operations , corporate accounting , technical accounting , leadership
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.