LaSalle Network is currently partnering with a local university to identify an AV Engineer to join their team. The AV Engineer will be responsible for AV Design, providing solutions for new AV innovations and implementations and understanding design flows. This position will report to the IT Project Manager.
AV Engineer Responsibilities:
- A strong set of technical AV engineer skills is essential for this position. The individual is expected to have a passion for turning advanced AV possibilities into real results that impact and shape media experience of students, faculty and staff
- Perform as a system engineer/designer for audiovisual and VTC presentation systems in complex university network environments
- Engineer end-to-end networks for the deployment of AV, collaboration and streaming initiatives
- Provide architectural design solutions for complex or high visibility space types
- Participate in the AV/IT design efforts for architectural renovations and new room designs
- Produce technical drawings and operational/training guides
- Determine equipment requirements and cost estimates for installations ranging in complexity from simple to broad solutions for new or existing AV infrastructure
- Engineer, build and maintain automated workflows for AV infrastructure
- Enhance AV/IT network monitoring capabilities for current and future installed AV equipment
- Troubleshoot issues with existing equipment including hardware, software and network issues
- Work closely with the IT Service and Support Group to serve as an escalation point for complex AV events
AV Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- 5+ years of experience with AV system design, development and implementation of complex AV environments
- 3+ years of experience with visual communications involving media streaming and video conferencing
- Knowledge of media distribution server environments (Flash Interactive, Windows Media Server, Quicktime, HTML 5, etc.)
- Experience and expertise in Evertz, Shure, Cisco, Crestron, Panasonic and Camera Auto tracking technologies
- Experience engineering advanced audio/video solutions in a complex IP network environment
- Experience with BSS, QSC (Audia, Nexia, DaVinci) and Crestron environments
- Experience capturing media content using a wide array of hardware and software
- Ability to read complex detailed electrical design schematics
- Strong communication skills, in particular for writing operational and technical support guides for service centers
- Ability to work independently within a cross-functional, cross-cultural environment with project management skills
If you have the experience listed above, possess a great attitude and are looking for an opportunity with a stable and established employer, this is the role for you! If you are interested in learning more, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Project Manager – Technology Services
Keywords and Related Terms: AV Engineer , Audio/Visual , AV Infrastructure #LI-CTAFDH
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.