As a leader in the distribution industry, our client is looking to expand their Automation Design team with a Automation Design Lead. Our client is looking to expand their global network over the next 12 months and they need someone to map out their mechanical automation plans for this expansion.
This Automation Design Lead will be responsible for creating the fully defined solutions in concert with solution providers. This Automation Design Lead will also work with the strategic Implementation leaders on the roll-out to scale.
Automation Design Lead Responsibilities:
- Actively maintain knowledge of developments and innovations across integrator providers in the market
- Investigating and pursuing new material handling technology to determine applicability the existing operations
- Determine solution providers through in-depth screening based off financial viability and reliability
- Create function use cases for material handling design in fulfillment environment
- Partner with IT to integrate mechanical and control capability
- Effectively collaborate cross-functionally to understand business needs, constraints, and opportunities by collecting inputs at all levels of organization
Automation Design Lead Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Operations Management
- 5-8 years experience designing and implementing Material Handling Systems in retail, supply chain and e-commerce industries
- Knowledge of the constraints and methods for equipment design
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills; experience presenting to executive leadership and defending ideas
- 3+ years of process mapping and creating workflow diagrams
If you are interested in this Automation Design Lead opportunity and qualify per above requirements, please apply today!
Keywords and Related Terms: material handling automation , material handling equipment , automation design , process mapping , optimization , fulfillment , operations , supply chain , logistics , ecommerce , material handling systems , ASRS , conveyor , equipment design , capacity , distribution , retail , mechanical engineering , process improvement , project management , industrial engineering , operations management
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in supply chain, sales, accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.