A high-end hotel in the downtown Nashville area is seeking a Front Desk Manager to oversee the day to day management of all Front Office operations. This hotel is part of a nationwide network of luxury hotels that has won numerous awards and is well known in the Nashville area.
This organization has continued to grow with the expansion of Nashville’s booming tourism market and needs to continue building up their staff to meet their own needs in such a demanding market. In this position as a Front Desk Manager, you will assist with directly managing the front desk staff as well as interact directly with the guests to ensure a smooth arrival and departure experience.
Front Desk Manager Responsibilities:
• Oversee the day to day management and operations of the Front Desk team
• Thoroughly understand of all services and features of the hotel, the hours of operations, room types, room rates, special promotions, daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. In addition, you need to be responsible for room availability status, scheduled in-house group activities in order to anticipate and respond to guest inquiries with accuracy
• Ensure front desk agents properly perform tasks and check off their responsibilities at the end of each shift
• Maintain and successfully execute departmental and hotel policies (to include but not limited to relocation procedures, safe deposit box procedures, auditing accuracy of cards with proper signatures, key control procedures, accurate billing, cashiering, safety, lost/found policy, etc.)
• Approach internal and external guest opportunities with a sense of heartfelt care and urgency; provide prompt follow-up to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
• Ensure that enough staffing is present to meet the daily business demands
• Assist management in recruiting, hiring, training, and successfully supporting and managing the talent of all new and existing team members
Front Desk Manager Requirements:
• Minimum of one year supervisory experience in a high volume setting preferred
• Previous hospitality experience in a luxury hotel preferred
• Previous experience with Windows, Microsoft Office, and property management systems highly desirable
• Must be able to understand, speak, read, and write in the basic English language
• Ability to effectively communicate and provide directions in a clear, concise and professional manner in both verbal and written form
• Must be available to work varied shifts with flexible schedules
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.