Our client, a leading logistics company, is currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their team in the northwestern suburbs! This organization is looking for someone to primarily handle business to business collections with a focus on customer service. The ideal candidate will have experience in B2B collections, deductions, a high level of confidentiality and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Responsibilities:
- Call upon assigned accounts to facilitate collection of open invoices within established terms and to assist the customer with resolving their issues.
- Involve the appropriate salesperson/station on all accounts that have issues so that they are aware of any and all problems with their customer.
- Forecast risk, based on credit, on your assigned accounts.
- Monitor adjustment/bill-to requests and approve/deny accordingly.
- Discuss accounts to recommend for turnover to a collection agency with your supervisor/manager in a timely fashion.
- Input and maintain all customer information in all necessary systems on assigned accounts
- Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Upon approval, process customer write-offs when required. Station/Sales notification process must be followed.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Requirements:
- Associate degree in accounting or 2 years or more related experience and/or training
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft AX or AS/400 highly preferred
- Always interact with internal and external customers in an ethical manner with integrity and trustworthiness
- Contribute positively to group goals by interacting with all team members in a professional and respectful manner, communicating and sharing appropriate information
If you are interested in this Accounts Receivable Specialist opportunity, please apply today!
Project Manager, Accounting and Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: accounts receivable , credit , cash application , accounts receivable , ar , a/r , collections , cash application, billing , accounting , accounts receivable specialist, collections, collection, commercial collector , collections clerk , billing/collections clerk , billing and collections clerk , billing & collections clerk , collections specialist , commercial collections, collections coordinator , credit representative , collections representative , collections analyst , collections specialist , collection clerk , billing/collection clerk , billing and collection clerk
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.