The LaSalle Network has partnered with the fastest growing logistics firm that has just relocated their headquarters to the north side of Chicago. Due to recent acquisitions, they are looking to bring on an Accounting Manager to oversee two of their largest business units. This newly created position will be responsible for the general ledger, managing a team of 2-3, a monthly, quarterly and year-end close, acquisition accounting and financial reporting. The ideal candidate will bring strong integrated accounting systems experience and a demonstrated ability to adapt to change and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
This Accounting Manager will have the unique opportunity to help create and establish best accounting practices and assist in leading this high caliber department as the company prepares to acquire more business. This Accounting Manager will be excited to roll up their sleeves and take this new challenge head on. He or She will be working closely alongside the Director of Accounting who has been with the company for 5 years.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Run the creation and accurate reporting of financial statements through timely and efficient month-end closing
- Oversee and develop staff members
- Collaborate with senior leadership to identify process improvements and increase efficiency of compliance
- Supervise, audit, and manage the accounting process for all SG&A operating expenses – experience with rebate accruals preferred.
- Ensure the accuracy and GAAP compliance of all accounting processes undertaken by the department
- Suggest any areas of improvement to increase and improve the compliance process
- Other duties as assigned
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting related experience, 2+ in a management capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- High Proficiency in Excel and integrated accounting systems
- Adaptability to a changing environment
If you are interested in this Accounting Manager opportunity and qualify per the requirements, please apply today.
Unit Manager, Accounting and Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting , accounting manager , financial reporting , audit , month end , month end close , accounting cycle , reconciliation , general ledger, month-end close , forecasting , JD Edwards , Hyperion , research , analysis , rebate accruals , SG&A , CPA , supervisor , logistics, transportation
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.