Our client, a Property and Casualty Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firm located in the Chicago Loop is looking for an Accounting Manager to take on all areas relating to financial reporting. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for accurate and timely financial statements and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes, including account reconciliations and variance analyses
- Manage A/R, including reconciling statements, analyzing aging receivables, and reviewing and processing return premium
- Manage commission statements for both producers and brokers
- Review and approve vendor payables
- Support Budget and Forecasting activities and analysis
- Special reporting and ad hoc requests
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures
Accounting Manager Requirements
- BS in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, with a minimum of 3 years working in the insurance industry
- Supervisory or management experience
- Ability to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
If you are interested in this Accounting Manager opportunity, and qualify per the requirements above, please apply today.
Senior Project Manager, Accounting and Finance
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting , CPA , insurance , account reconciliations, variance , month end , audit , financial reporting , journal entries , accounting manager, accounting supervisor
The LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer, m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in accounting and finance, administrative, marketing, executive search, technology, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.