We have partnered with a progressive international trading firm looking for an experienced Accounting Manager to augment and lead their growing team here in their new Chicago office.
The Accounting Manager will lead the accounting and finance team and monitor all accounting operations within the organization. This position will report directly to the CFO. The ideal candidate is a polished CPA with excellent leadership skills and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage general ledger, perform month-end and year-end closing procedures, and ensure GAAP and IFRS compliance
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements
- Improve and optimize financial reporting
- Foreign exchange hedging & documentation, tax preparation models and tax preparation booking, tax bookings
- Perform detailed analysis on financial reports and budgets to understand variances
- Assist with preparing documents and reports and interpreting financial information for C-Suite executives and Board Members
- Develop and document business processes, accounting policies, and standard operating procedures to maintain and strengthen internal controls and streamline processes
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and general ledger maintenance
- Provide administrative support to senior management as requested
- Assign and delegate projects and direct staff on daily, monthly and year-end duties
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Active CPA
- 5+ years of financial services, trading firm/fund environment
- Strong Excel skills including working with pivot tables and reading macros
- SQL or other programming languages a plus
- Ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Thank you for your time and consideration for this Accounting Manager position. We look forward to receiving your resume!
Senior Project Manager
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting, accountant , manager, CPA , certified , financial , services, trading , fund , firm , active CPA , SQL , programming , pivot tables , macros , leadership , reporting , compliance , month-end , close , reconciliations , foreign exchange , hedging , documentation , tax , preparation models , booking , GAAP , IFRS , year-end , general ledger , report , international , trading
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. LaSalle has worked with more than 10,000 companies, ranging from Fortune 500s to start ups. With units specializing in marketing, administrative, accounting and finance, executive search, technology, sales, supply chain, healthcare revenue cycle, call center, and human resources, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries.