LaSalle Network has partnered with a multi-million-dollar, publicly traded medical device company in the northern Chicago suburbs, to identify their next Accounting Manager.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for overseeing all accounting and inventory analysis. This person will report to the Director of Accounting and manage a smaller team in the future. The ideal candidate will have a background within public accounting (5+ years) preferably with a focus in CPG or manufacturing clients and have an active CPA. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will need to demonstrate professional communication, have a strong attention to detail and a need for accuracy, and be hungry to learn in their role!
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review inventory analysis while overseeing accounting including GAAP reporting
- Manage monthly close process and GL maintenance
- Assist with SEC reporting and work closely with external auditors
- Prepare or review accounting on variety of technical areas including: revenue recognition, leases, impairments, financial instruments, debt and financing transactions, stock-based compensation, restructuring, foreign currency, etc.
- Provide proactive financial guidance, support and leadership/recommendations to management teams.
- Cross train within the department on any new processes and procedures
Accounting Manager Requirements:
- Minimum of 5+ years of public account (Big 4 experience required)
- CPG or manufacturing experience a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Strong communication skills and an eye for detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and be able to take on multiple tasks at once
- Strong Excel skills
If you are interested in this Accounting Manager position and qualify per the above requirements, please apply today!
Katie White Recruiter, Accounting & Finance LaSalle Network
Keywords and Related Terms: accounting, financial reporting, audit, month end, month end close, accounting cycle, reconciliation, general ledger, month-end close, forecasting, Excel, inventory, inventory analysis, SEC reporting, manufacturing, depreciation, analysis, financial analysis
LaSalle Network is the leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed thousands of candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.