LaSalle Network has partnered with a large Global Manufacturing company in the Nashville area who are looking for the right candidate to join the Business Unit close accounting staff within their Shared Services Office as an Accountant II. The Accountant II will assist in the on-going transition of work from facilities across the company to the center and off shore accounting facilities.
This position is responsible for servicing operating units by performing their various accounting activities and requires a wide range of skills, including but not limited to; processing transactions in the SAP GL system and various other plant sub-ledger systems, account reconciliation, problem solving, process improvement, financial analysis and support of the month end closing process. This position requires the candidate to work well in a team environment with excellent communication skills across all levels.
Responsibilities of the Accountant II:
- Develop journal entries and perform analysis in key accounting areas for domestic platform
- Be the primary contact for the field on all accounting matters
- Work effectively with internal customers and other team members to deliver quality accounting services in a timely and professional manner
- Strong account reconciliation skills
- Reconcile key accounts and maintain internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of basic financial, operational and analytical reports
- Meet monthly, quarterly and annual accounting close deadlines
- Coordinate accounting matters with other NSSC departments and company locations (i.e. Financial Reporting, AP, Payroll, Corp Tax, IT, etc)
- Field BU questions regarding account matters
- Identify and frequently implement ideas and practices to improve process and/or accuracy
- Assist with special projects, reports and perform other duties as assigned, requested, or self determined
Qualifications for Accountant II:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting or finance experience required
- Print or manufacturing plant accounting experience is preferred but not required
- Knowledge of GAAP and proficient with fundamental accounting concepts and procedures
- Strong PC skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS suite specifically Excel required
- May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments
- Able to solve somewhat complex problems/issues by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to multi-task, and organized
- Customer service oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Must be detail oriented yet can see the larger picture
If you are interested in the position and qualify for the role, please apply today!
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.