LaSalle Network is partnered with a long-standing company that is currently looking to bring on the newest member to their team. The Accountant I position would be working very closely with the company’s bank accounts as well as the Accounts Payable team. The Accountant I will be responsible for verification process for all payment disbursements and processes to include controls, checks and balances. Responsible for any banking related processes to include but not limited to daily positive pay verification, EFTs, stop/voids/reissues. Primary responsibilities include facilitation and maintenance of accurate payments, policy compliance, and troubleshooting. Out client is looking for someone to start immediately!
Responsibilities for the Accountant I:
- Verification and reconciliation for all daily payment processes, to include checks, EFT and IACH
- Review and respond to all positive pay exceptions in accordance with bank deliverables
- Responsible for managing payable inquiries that result in the review and completion of stop payments, EFT, correction vouchers, and provision of check copies
- Work to support more effective management of customer accounts by coordinating urgent and escalated activities in order to support compliance with the business policies and payment guidelines
- Ensure fiduciary controls governing the disbursement of company funds are in place and adhered to
- Acts as liaison between Accounts Payable and Corporate Treasury
- Ensures all time sensitive inquiries are completed in accordance with Service Level Agreements
- Analyze/interpret data, identify trends, problems, and present solutions in support of customer and internal inquiries
- Performs other tasks as assigned or requested.
Qualifications of the Accountant I:
- Bachelors in accounting/finance or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in AP, financial services or cash/check audit environment
- Experience working with complex database systems, locating information, creating queries and reports.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, quality, problem solving, and resource management
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of SAP accounting system preferred
If you are interested in this role, and feel qualified for the position, please apply today!
Key Words: AP , Accounts Receivable , SAP , banking , Manufacturing , Accounting
LaSalle Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
LaSalle Network is Chicago's leading provider of professional staffing and recruiting services. Specializing in technology, accounting and finance, administrative, call center, human resources, marketing, and executive search, LaSalle serves companies of all sizes and across all industries. Since inception in 1998, LaSalle Network has served over 2,500 clients and placed over 25,000 candidates in temporary, temporary to permanent and permanent positions.